Need Jointer Suggestions

Hello all,

My father has insisted on buying me a new jointer for my shop. I have plenty of space, electricity and a budget of about $1500. So far, I've looked at the Delta DJ-20, but I'm new to the jointer arena and could use some advice.

Any suggestions are welcome!

-Mike

Reply to
Michael Pio

Look no further.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

1) Remember June 20th... 2) The DJ-20 and the Powermatic get great reviews. 3) Size matters - bigger is better. 2) You'll not be disappointed with the DJ-20 1) Remember June 20th...
Reply to
mttt

With that kind of budget I would be looking into spiral head cutters as well.

Todd L Hello all,

Reply to
Todd L

If you don't want it, just say NO!. Be insistent and don't let your father badger you into doing something you don't want. Stand up for your rights! Refuse him.

And then tell Dad I send him my love. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I hear ya! Thanks for the reminder...

Reply to
Mike P

Hi brother Mike, I have been looking for my real family for many years now. I have finally found you and dear old Dad. I'm sure we'll get along just great, sharing that shiny new DJ 20......... Mark L.

P.S. That is the right mach> Hello all,

Reply to
Mark L.

Heh...this is the tool I've been most wanting for years. I think my father is trying to give me some early inheritance, but funny thing....he didn't mention anything about you, Ed ;-)

Reply to
Mike P

Well hello, Brother Mark. Strangely, dad never mentioned you. Can I see some ID ;-)

-brother mike

Reply to
Mike P

I just bought a YORKCRAFT 8 inch jointer and find it to be excellent in every respect! The cost was less than half your budget including shipping.

Reply to
Dave W

"Dave W" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@suscom-maine.net:

Read the OP's messages again, and look at the probable motivation on the part of the father. While no one wants to overspend, there seems to be more going on here than "what's the best value in a jointer?"

Patriarch, who enjoys using tools his grandfathers have passed down, and hopes that his grandchildren have the same privileges, when the time comes...

Reply to
patriarch