Need help making this jig

Hello,

At the following site

there is a video tip on how to create a jig that cuts two mitered ends at once, giving you a perfect fit. However, when I click the link, it does not work. Does anyone have plans for a similar jig? I make a lot of picture frames and sure could use this. Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob,

The link works for the video, maybe your Pop-Up-Stopper program is keeping it from showing. Press Cntrl then click on the link for the video or turn off your pop-up killer software.

The jig is simple enough and can be made by just looking at the picture. It does not allow cutting two miters at once, you make all the left-hand cuts, then all the right-hand cuts. Since the mitered cuts are complements of each other, they will always match.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

The link works for me. But, what this video ignores is the need to make all the opposing sides of your frame the same length. If you don't, your miters will not be perfect. The jig is a good one, but you can make it better by incorporating a length stop to ensure uniform lengths.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

The video link worked fine for me. I'd suggest 1) buying the back issue of the magazine, so you make sure to get the proper instructions for making the jig or 2) updating your version of RealPlayer or Quicktime so you can see the video tip.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

The current issue (December) of WOOD magazine has an article explaining in detail how to build just such a jig.

Siegfried

Reply to
Woodpecker