Need Grass hinge ID and help w/specs (w/pic)

Hello Everyone,

A friend has a bunch of these Grass hinges he bought a year or so back and never used. I would like to use them on my current garage cabinet project. The problem is that he does not have the specs for these hinges and they are not current, so I cannot find specs for them on the web.

Here are any of the marks I can read off of them,

on the back of the cup, 12/1, 07-01

stamped on the back of the hinge knuckle, 07 01

stamped on the back of the mounting plate, 01 06, 160

stamped on the back of the hinge arm, US PAT 6061872

I would like to know what overlay these hinges are, how many MM from the edge of the door the 35MM cup hole should be drilled and how far back the from the edge of the cabinet the mounting plate should be.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

If they follow normal convention, the 35 mm hole will be 4.5 mm from the edge of the door and the hinge plate screws 37 mm from the front edge of the cabinet.

The thickness of the plate that screws to the inside of the cabinet wall, determines if it will be overlay/insert/part overlay.

Reply to
Robatoy