nailing cedar shingles, what nail to use?

Hi I would like to know what is the best nail to use for nailing regular eastern cedar shingle on particle wood panels. this is for a backward project in eastern Canada. thanks

Reply to
noname

Can't say I've ever nailed a shingle to particle board. Butt, on cdx plywood I use a bostich narrow crown stapler. For outdoor projects, make sure to use stainless staples. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Use SS for sure. Also, be certain to get the ones that are made to face east - it's really hard to nail/staple from the inside - out!

;-)

Lou

Reply to
loutent