My few old tools(longish)

Still being too sick from the Santa Ana winds from last week to operate power tools, I was in my lil shed cleaning out and organizing and wondering about some of my dads old tools I have and use today. Just have a handful unfortunately and as much as I drool over and like buying new tools, I still enjoy the fact that what I still have I use. Decided I needed to start cleaning up the gunk and gum from an old hand drill, It's a Yankee #1530 manufactured by North Bros. Mfg. Co., Phila., PA. Has 4 different settings. Plain, L.H. Ratchet, R.H. ratchet, R.H. Double ratchet, and lock. At Bob Kaune- antique & Used Tools site found a #1530A. Don't know what the difference is. Started looking on Bob's site, was looking for my Skil Std. Duty Dbl. insulated ball bearing 2 1/8 HP. #576 10 amp circular saw. When I clicked on the saw page a pic of a hand saw popped up, a Disston No. D12. Wow, the handle looks exactly like the one I took apart a few months ago. Got the handle sanded a little, re finished and polished up the brass bolts. Still have the blade to finish. However upon looking at the medallion it's an E.C. Atkins, so Have to look further for info on that and the circular saw. Have an old Bit Brace I need to check out, and usual other stuff such as files and wrenches. Haven't had to buy a wrench in ages. Unfortunately there are no planes in the mix. Well, back to googling. Hope the day was a good one for ya.

Reply to
Paul