Musical instrument display case

Hi, folks. I would like to build a display case for my trumpet and bugle collection. I own 14 trumpets and bugles in total. Any ideas where I can find plans to make something like this? What kind of wood and finish would be most appropriate? Thank you in advance.

William D

Reply to
William D

My friend Doug had this case built for guitars, not trumpets but you might want to take a look for some inspiration. This one is made from a combination of birch and cherry. He originally posted the pictures on the web to gauge whether there was sufficient interest among guitar collectors to attempt to market them. I think he has decided he will.

Lee Gordon

Take a look at the front page of:

a case specifically for horns, trumpets, and other brass, etc.

George

Reply to
george

I don't know anybody who has a display unitlike this. But if you have some expensive, collector typs of guitars, they deserve a good home!

I knew some doll collectors. The constantly complained about not hve suitable display cases for their dolls. There is so much money into these dolls that spending some bucks on the display case was no problem. It helped to protect their investment.

Eventually somebody started to make them in his garage workshop. Displayed them at some kind of sewing expo. He got all kinds of business from that.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Amazing the difference in attitude of some folks about their axes ... I've a friend with an all original late 50's P-Bass that doesn't even have a case, he just carries the damn thing around from gig to gig by the neck, but man alive can he play. I can't help but get a kick out of imagining what his reaction to that display case would be. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:H4udnVaReISkI-renZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yeah...that's what I call a good inspiration. Thanks for the link. :-)

Reply to
William D

The hangers were designed by my friend (sort of a hybrid of two existing designs) and he had them fabricated at a local machine shop. I am trying to convince him that there is a separate market for the hardware in addition to a potential market for the cabinets. BTW, he also designed the storage space at the bottom of the cabinet so that it can accomodate 6 full size guitar cases. He calls that feature the "wife pleaser."

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

"Lee Gordon" wrote

Again, this is good stuff.

I am always inspired to see somebody step forward and offer something that is unique and a quality product that meets a genuine need.

Tell your friend that he is doing good and hope to see more creativity and products from him in the future.

Display caess are a niche market. Maybe he can offer some more cases for both gitars and other markets as well.

Reply to
Lee Michaels