Mugging Down Under

Went to the tool store today. Was mugged by two salesmen. One diverted my attention by showing me lots of shiny new machinery, while regaling me with talk of improved exchange rates, - the other proceeded to relieve me of my wallet and rifle its contents. When they finally released me, I had a new planer/thicknesser and a shop vac, ....... and an empty wallet.

But it gets worse.

I have now been kicked out of the Honourable, Ancient and Noble Dyed-in the -wool Society Of Neanderthals, or HANDSON. The Grand Master came round and ceremonially disabled my pitsaw by removing one handle.

add insult to injury, I have discovered that I have contracted that chronic and deadly disease known as Power Operated, Vacuum Equipped, Really-expensive Tool Yearning, or POVERTY.

The gear gets delivered tomorrow : )

Reply to
diggerop

Wait till you get the Festool bug, there is no cure. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Hey, I've got the bug and I haven't even been exposed yet. Guess I'm infected by proxy.

Reply to
upscale

I just looked Festool prices online from the Australian distributor. Ouch! That is some very pricy equipment. - $2000 plus for a 2200W router. I had not heard of Festool before seeing it mentioned on the wreck. I take it that this is really first class equipment?

Reply to
diggerop

Yeah it truely is first rate but $2000 is extremely steap. I purchased some softward from down under and IIRC AUS was $240, converted to US it was $206. So that would put the router price at about $1700 US. I can buy it for $800 US. Seems to me that would be closer to $932 AUS. BUT there may be other taxes or tarrifs that come into play. I do know that in the U.S. Festool strictly controlls the pricing.

Reply to
Leon