Forstner's Bit

I need a Forstner's bit that is 2 3/16th. The typical on-line vendors offer a 2 1/8th and 2 1/4 size. Anyone know if this size is made? This is for a production job - need to make 100's of these - so this is getting bit frustrating.

Reply to
Warbler

I won't say _somebody_ won't make one, but I've never seen >~1.5" in anything other than eighths. May have to have that made special if has to be Forstner and has to be precise.

--

Reply to
dpb

Leon

Maybe there is a metric size that approximates this dimension. Didn't take the trouble to check this out.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Or

are high speed steel and should in theory stay sharp longer. Twice the price, but if you are doing hundreds, it may be worth it.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

2 1/4" bit plus metal lathe?
Reply to
HeyBub

Only if a 55.55 mm would be easier to find. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Or a grinder and a jig or a belt sander and a jig. Taking off one sixteenth ought to be doable.

Reply to
else24

Or a grinder and a jig or a belt sander and a jig. Taking off one sixteenth ought to be doable.

===

we didn't hear what the OP is going to be drilling or why that particular size is necessary. perhaps the process could be changed instead.

Reply to
charlie

available at a reasonable price, and still have people offering advice requiring a machine shop? ;)

RicodJour

available at a reasonable price, and still have people offering advice requiring a machine shop? ;)

It does kinda make me wonder what's on their mind. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Just proves my wife's point....people don't read.

but I was rather surprised that the OP didn't get DAGS as an answer :)

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK