Most useless power tool you own?

You did not see the text? Maybe you should get a new news reader.

Reply to
Leon

Well, the little rubber profiles work pretty well manually. I am not sure what that thing with the cord on it is good for. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I'll add to the list. Although I no longer own one, any tool made by Wagner fills the bill.

Reply to
Leon

The Wagner "power painter" (AKA power dripper) that I bought in partnership with another friend. After he completed his project, I got to keep it. 90% paint on ground, 10% thrown at wall. It was disassembled for cleaning, then finally thrown away.

What power tool do you regret buying/receiving?

David

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

Mine gave up the ghost on it's first use. Damned if I could find the receipt. so I was stuck with it. I used the cable to replace the one that my electric planer ate.

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:40:08 -0600, "Bob Schmall" calmly ranted:

It's no doubt a 220v Whitworth model, Bob. Sell it on Ebay.uk

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:52:57 -0800, David vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Table saw.

Reply to
Old Nick

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:59:03 -0500, "TaskMule" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Interesting. What sort and why?

Reply to
Old Nick

Maybe it was designed for metric volts.

Reply to
Robatoy

I've got to go with the detail sander. Luckily mine was a $9.99 Harbor Freight model; seems like the more upscale ones are just as useless. Lewis

Reply to
Lewis

I trust you keep it grounded.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not that I'd want to prevent you from buying a tool (even a bad tool purchase is better than NO tool purchase)...

I just finished fixing 3 sticking doors using a cheap hand plane, no sweat.

Also did one with a random-orbital sander, just to see how bad it would be. Actually, I wish I'd used it for the other 3.

YMMV Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Interesting, as I have one and have used the heck out of it on small pieces that my 6" ROS would gouge or just plain couldn't reach.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Hey, I have one of them. Somewhere. Taken apart to clean, but never reassembled. Never will be either. Yes, it is the top of my useless list for sure.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hey Kyle, I'd like to play with one if you want to get rid of it cheap. Email me if you're interested.

Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Clap clap clap... nice one!

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Is that the Profile sander? I bought one with all of the rubber sanding heads. Never used the tool, but used the sanding heads by hand. An expensive set. max

Reply to
max

I once had a cabinet job that included two large units with a lot of surface area. I wanted to apply polyurethane but hated brushing. I bought a Wagner airless sprayer at Sears. Read the instructions (I think) and proceeded to spray less than half a quart of the stuff on the work and the rest on me and the ground. My hand also went to sleep holding it. I was pretty pissed off. I took it back to Sears and they gave me my money back. max

Reply to
max

My Wagner painter is the only tool that I've ever thrown away.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Ryobi 14.4V cordless trim saw. Damn thing can't cut a 3/4" sheet of plywood in half on two batteries.

Reply to
bob