Most recent project - Media Storage Cabinet

Greetings...

I just completed this design for my parents for their birthdays (they are only 5 days apart).

It was in the Dec/Jan 2004/2005 Issue of WOOD Magazine (Issue 160).

Pics are in ABPW.

Any comments are welcome. Len

Reply to
Len Rauth

I've always wanted to ask... how do I get to the binary picture area. Can someone provide a link? I just find my way to this news group via Google and haven't seen an easy way to find that area.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

In general, you need a newsreader that can read bianry files. Google rec.woodworking for a complete list of newsreader suggestions (seems like a thread pops up on this topic every few months).

I use Xnews. Google it and you will find many places that you can download it from.

is the homepage for Xnews.

This does require that you have access to an actual news server. I have SBC, so I use theirs. If you don't have an ISP with a server, there are news servers out there that you can access... I don't know how though.

Another way to see binary newsgroups is to subscribe to one of the websites that archive the images and allow you to view them through their web interface. Again, as I have an ISP with a news server, I don't know the names of these off the top of my head. Others may be able to help out.

Best of luck, Len

Reply to
Len Rauth

on 4/7/2005 11:43 AM SonomaProducts.com said the following:

It's a usenet group called:

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Just subscribed to it like you did to the rec.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused