More limited supply at Rockler Get In Line Now

See snippet from a Rockler e-mail

** E-Mail Special ** Print out this e-mail and bring it to the store this weekend (Dec. 4-5) to receive a FREE Shop Calipers with any purchase (while supplies last; 100 calipers per store). Hurry in, these calipers will go fast!

How would you like to be the 101st guy in line? I can see the pushing and shoving already.

Eric

ps. I don't think that printing my posting will do you any good. You'll have to get your own e-mail

Reply to
mnterpfan

I recieved that e-mail today. I am thinking that the calipers are those cheapy plastic vernier type. Probably not too much pushin and shavin for those. I have to go there Sat. anyway so will check it out, however will probably get there to late due to having to go in to work for a while.

Reply to
Paul O.

That's exactly what they are. Probably giving them away because nobody would buy the silly things. Went in at 2:30 and they still had plenty.

Reply to
Chip Olson

I find this posting to be very inappropiate. What do you want for free? What do you expect? These calipers are not that bad and especially for free. Ann Jackson Rockler came on the rec and apoligized about the Bessey clamps shortage and offered to help, yet you continue to complain and poke fun of Rockler. Rockler is a most honorable company and has always treated me fairly, however I have always treated them fairly. My local Rockler Store supports the Woodworking Clubs and have always been very generous to our fund raisers. Perhaps in the Holiday Spirit you can lighten up a little.

Mike

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

Er... I don't believe I've ever complained about or poked fun at Rockler on rec.ww (or anywhere else), including the above referenced post. I've been very happy with my local Rockler store, and tend to spend way too much money there (and that's not a slam on their prices, either).

However, this caliper isn't an item that I would have made a special trip to Rockler to get a free one of.

Reply to
Chip Olson

I was poking fun. However, it was just fun. I am very happy with my local Rockler store too. I go there frequently and buy quite a bit there. I also have come to know many of the staff and find them to be very friendly and helpful. I didn't jump in and bash Rockler about this sale under the original topic as I had no complaint.

By the way, I was the OP under an old pen name.

Mike said, " Perhaps in the Holiday Spirit you can lighten up a little."

Maybe? Perhaps you should as well. I'm sorry if I offended you. I was not being truly vindictive toward Rockler. I was light-heartedly injecting a little humor. That is my nature. I think that quite a few other readers could have seen through my "hysteria" inducing post for what it was. (a joke)

Eric

Reply to
robdingnagian1

Eric,

Your bohemian attitude is unbecoming of an American and a woodworker at that. It is precisely your and your kinds cavalier attitude which has resulted in a decay of the global morale disposition of the masses. The people have no internal ethical compass to guide themselves any longer. It is exactly this tragic chain of events; insinuated by you Eric, which has played so well in the hands of Mr. Bin Ladens and Mr. Castros of the world. You Eric; single-handedly, have undone 200 years of revolutionary pride in this great institution we call the United States of America. Pack your bags and go back to Canada.

Reply to
Gogain

Lighten up Francis

Reply to
Wayne K.

But, but, but..

Yeah, what Wayne K. Said (below)

And its more like 228 years of pride. And how did I single handedly do this with me and my kind?

I'm confused.

Reply to
robdingnagian1