moisture meter

Greetings!

I have been looking for an inexpensive moisture meter...some of the name brand ones are out of my price range right now. I saw some aftermarket meters on ebay.......has anyone tried one of these? Or could anyone recommend a source? I keep thinking of the phrase "you get what you pay for"...

Thanks,

Frank

Reply to
Frank & Renee

Grizzly has a circular with a $9 (aprox. pin meter). I'm sure its not the most accurate, but it is cheap.

Al

Reply to
allen.morgan

Which is why I gritted my teeth and bought a Wagner.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

$5 air hygrometer and a copy of the EMC/RH graph pinned to the wall behind it. This is as much as a joiner needs. If you can wait a month for the timber to equilibriate, it's pretty accurate.

If you're trying to be a timberyard, then you're looking at $200 to get anything usefully better.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Got a Wagner MMC205 and love it. Works great.

Reply to
tdup2