Mobile Stand

Broads, Heeheee! Tom >Subject: Mobile Stand

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Kinda Limp....Shoulda used a saw to build something decent...

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
jbacke

So you're saying that it's efficient, useful and cost-effective ?

Reply to
Chris Merrill

They're both toys, wannabes. But I suppose both get the job done...barely. And both are a POS excuse for the real thing.

If you're trying to defend WebTV...I have used it. It's certainly not efficient, it's just barely useful, and I don't see how it could possibly be cost-effective as it costs just as much as a real Internet connection. True you can save the cost of a PC but you can get one of those at Walmart for 200.00 or less.

Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.

Reply to
jbacke

"Pirate Bob".

Reply to
mttt

Would comment more, but my Visa card is burning a hole in my pocket and I hear Wal-Mart calling my name... :)

P.S. Take that chip off your shoulder...you do what you like with your workshop, and everyone else should do the same.

Rich S.

Reply to
Rich Stern

be done. But let's see, figure about $5-6 each for the wheels, I won't add in the cost of lumber, brings the total to $25-30. Harbor Freight mobile base - $29.95, $19.95 if you wait for it to be on sale.

Now I am no great furniture maker or anything, but I would rather spend my time on better projects than that. Oh, I've built a few stands and benches, but only when what I want is not available, or much cheaper to make than buy.

My one question about Pirate Bob... why does he think we are all BAD? ("Don't be fooled by the tools prices I pay, I'm still, I'm still Davey from the Bay")

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

Just checked Harbor Freight this morning and it sez "This item is no longer available online or discontinued. So maybe I *will* be making one (I was being cheap and holding out for the $19.95 sale.)

-Chris

Reply to
Chris