Mobile base for Bosch 4000 table saw

I have a Bosch 4000 table saw with the folding base that Bosch sells. I love the saw but I am thinking of getting a mobile base so I am move the saw around my basement more easily. I have an HTC1000 for my drill press and it works great. I was going to get the HTC2000 for my saw but I read some comments on Amazon about the bases moving enough to make ripping a 4x8 sheet a problem. Have any of you got either the Bosch or something similar with a folding base (vs a cabinet saw for example)? Can you share your experience with it?

If you want to email me rather than posting a reply, please remove the string "REMOVE-" from my email address.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

You're not seriously concerned about ripping a 4x8 on this saw are you? At 60 lbs, it doesn't have enough heft to be stable doing that size job on any stand.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

"Dick Snyder" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Ripping a 4x8 sheet of plywood can sometimes be an adventure with a Unisaw, a large outfeed table, and an extended fence. It's no wonder that someone has reported a high pucker factor experience with the Bosch jobsite saw.

That's not to say that it cannot be safely done. My suspicion is, however, that you are going to want to put more of your own engineering into the solution, than just buying the mobile base.

Norm's jobsite saw station, from a few years back, comes to mind, as inspiration.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Through bolt two non swivel wheels to two of the legs. Bolt them so they are

*just* above the ground when the saw is sitting on all four legs. Lift like a wheelbarrow to move around and have the two wheels hit the ground.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

I have done it (with help of a friend) but you make a good point. Lately I have been doing it on my driveway with a clamping straight edge and a circular saw. I can get the 4x8 into a few manageable pieces that I can complete on my table saw

Dick

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I've got a decent table saw that weighs just under 400 lbs and I don't do

4x8's on it. It takes a lot of support all around and a lot of space. I'm also afraid of kickback handling something like that. Now If I had one of those giant European sliding tables it would be different.

I always use a couple of long boards turned on edge and screwed to my sawhorses for cutting 4x8's. I use my circular saw and set the depth to cut through the plywood into the long boards. It works well with a clamped straight edge.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
Bob