Mini gloat (Maybe)

Couldn't find my original post to add a comment so I am reposting.

I bought a new Jet Microglide 52" fence from eBay for $43 ($75 after shipping) to try and add to my old model 65 Powermatic TS. First look showed the table was 1" to deep (front to back) and I'd have to try and retrofit or be sunk.

Retrofit worked. I just had to remove the back rail hook and extend it out 1" and it bolted up nicely, glides nice and holds a real nice parallel. Other comments about JET though, the documentation had several significant errors and the fence is sort of mid-grade, not near as nice as a Bessi or Uni but way better than 1950's tech original cast iron slop fest.

  1. They said hold the to main front rail done 2 1/16" from top of table to a specific point on the rail. Super clear diagram so no mistaking what they intended. Setting it exactly here held the fence up about 3/8 clear of the table even though they indicated it should be about 1/16". Had to lower it by 5/16" and it works fine.

  1. They said align left end of rail exactly 16" to left of blade so scale reader woulld line up correctly. This resulted in the scale being off by about -3 1/2" inches. I moved it over to 19 1/2" left of blade and it lined up perfectly with the left edge of the table and amazingly with the 2 3/8" below the table and the corrected left alignment one of the existing holes in the table lined up "PERFECTLY" with a a proper sized threaded hole for one of the predrilled attachment points in the rail (and the celing opened up, a light shined down and I could hear angles singing).

Happy camper now... anybody looking to buy an original 52" fence from an ole model 65 Powermatic TS?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Michael Kenefick