men's health

Duane Bozarth wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@swko.dot.net:

I have to deal with IRB stuff myself. There are only a few points that are important, and that is mainly that the research shouldn't harm a person, and that his/her private protected medical information cannot be revealed other than by court order. In addition, all solicitation materials need to be approved by the committee. At least those are the most important rules in the VA system.

As you can surmise from the protocol form referred to on this webpage , paperwork is a major hassle if you want to do research involving humans. DAMHIKT.

IMO, any questionaire requesting health-related information should be reviewed and approved by the respective IRB, and a copy of a signed consent form should be both on file at the investigator's institution, and in the possession of the interviewee.

At least that is my interpretation of the regulations.

Reply to
Han

Han wrote: ...

I ken...I've a couple cousins in med-related research, one now as a Dean and the other a Professor--we've had many discussions regarding their protocols/procedures.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth