McFeely screws

I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants. The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly.

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use some of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very high quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I discovered the McFeely square drive screws several years ago. I use them often. Previously, I had used those Spax screws but McFeely has them beat. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Stuff of that quality makes it fun to use. You just know that you're not going to twist off the head. Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.

Reply to
Robatoy

| > Thanks McFeely's. |=20 | I discovered the McFeely square drive screws several years ago. I use = them=20 | often. Previously, I had used those Spax screws but McFeely has them = beat. | Larry | --=20 | Columbia, MO |

|=20 |

Nice to see that you Americans are finally finding out what we Canadians = have known for the upwards of the last hundred years. Mr Robertson sure = dreamed up a wonderful screw.

--=20

PDQ

-- =20

Reply to
PDQ

And Mrs. Robertson was sure grateful for it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Actually, Ol' PL Robertson was a confirmed, and lifelong, bachelor. But he he did know something about screws, and for that we can all be thankful.

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim

Thanks Lowell. We get requests all the time for charity and promotional opportunities such as the Williamsburg event. I can't remember ever getting a thank-you from one of the participants. My hats off to you for starting my day off right!

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim

Good for you discovering this Lowell. Square drive screws are very nice to use. that said however not all square drive screws are created equally. You can rest assured that McFeeleys does indeed have the higher quality square drive screws. You will also find that these High quality screws from McFeeleys are quite often cheaper than you can find at any home improvement center.

Reply to
Leon

Um,,, I don't think it is any secret that McFeeleys screw's in many cases, are imports. Again, specifications and standards are what make a product good, not the country of origin.

Reply to
Leon

I've used the Kreg pocket screw jig for some time and used their screws. McFeelys offer a much wider variety than I had seen previously. I definitely will be using them in the future.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Thank you!!!

Reply to
patrick conroy

Welcome to the McFeely's family. You won't be using anything else for the work you treasure.

Reply to
patrick conroy

McFeeley's often mentions the fact that hardware is imported in the catalog. Statements similar to "coated just enough to protect them on the journey across the Pacific", or some similar wording, did it for me.

Regardless of origin, I've never been disappointed with McFeeley's screws. They are head and shoulders above anything I can get in a local hardware store or home center.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Jim... I find it pleasing that you monitor the wRECk, and that you responded so quickly...

Your company does make a quality product that I enjoy using... and the idea of having the company on the wRECk to answer questions, etc. is awesome.. thanks!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Good company, service, and product. I've been a happy McF customer for a couple years now. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Thanks for the kind words. I respond a lot faster during the week than I do on the weekends. Lots of DIY projects, and no computer hookups in the shop, or out in the yard where I generally spend my weekends.

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim

So, should their slogan be "the place to come when you want a good screw"? lol