Historic 18th century woodshop unveiled in Massachusetts

Interesting read, even without photos:

how little thought today's average doofus gives to fabricating some of the basic necessities of life ... someplace else to eat, sleep and sit, besides on the ground or a rock.

And you would think an "architect" would know better:

"?We really thought nothing of it. We had used it as storage,? Christopher DeOrsay, an architect, told the globe."

More links, with some photos:

Swingman

Sounds/looks like a great find. Touring old shops.... and speaking with oldtimers.... is always a pleasure. Thanks for the links.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

In the picture of the workbench, is that the tailstock for a bench mounted lathe?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
-MIKE-

Dr. Richie Garrison, Uni. of Delaware, was mentioned in the articles. I emailed him and ask where might there be more pictures. He very kindly referred me to Peter Follansbee's blog.

Sonny