McFeely's deal

McFeely's has its 25-25-25 deal going again, but they've dropped the price to $20. You get 25 of 25 various wood screws for $20. That's 625 screws or about 3 cents each. I've purchased this assortment before. Great value. Ends 8/11.

Larry

PS: Other than we're both in Wisconsin, I have no affiliation with this outfit.

PPS: Go Pack!

Reply to
Gramp's shop

On 8/9/2013 11:37 AM, Gramp's shop wrote: ...

You're a NCSU alum???

Reply to
dpb

Nah ... Green Bay Packers fan :-) First preseason game is tonite.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Reply to
Gramp's shop

I thought he meant the Green Bay Packers.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks for the heads up on this. 'Never have done business with them but will give it a shot.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Well, I knew he did too,...doesn't mean one can't prod a little... :)

Reply to
dpb

It says $25 not $20... and they are out of stock.. This deal?

woodchucker

Jeff ...

I am on their mailing list and got a note yesterday that they cut the price to $20. I ordered this morning and got confirmation

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Was there a promo code?

Reply to
woodchucker

When I look at that page, the price is only $20. It does say that they are back ordered but you can still place orders.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Coby

Looks like $25 here, too...and $25 shows up in the "cart total" window if add--the only other indication is a note in another popup that specials may not show up but will be accounted for on final checkout...

Reply to
dpb

I just ordered it and paid $25 + $1 shipping and tax.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think the $1 shipping is being taken care of by changing the price and charging more ...

So its really still $6 in shipping... nice...

I'll bet if we compared other items your price (those that see 20 are lower than mine)...

Reply to
woodchucker

It's all in the cookies. It's probably a "frequent customer" deal. When you go to the website, it reads the cookie in your browser left there the last time you ordered. The same thing that tells the browser what to auto-fill in the customer id and password when you sign in to checkout.

I used to order screws from McFeelys a lot, but since my local Woodcraft started carrying the same screws, I haven't bought anything in years, thus my cookie expired.

I get similar deals from Rockler all the time. When I visit Rockler's website from a different computer, no deal.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Promo code: XD35002X

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Here's the link from my email:

Gramp's shop

And much of web pricing can be based on your supposed location, and even demographics of that location:

Hmmmm ... business opportunity? Start a VPN service with its servers in an area with low prices. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks Larry, that Promo code did the trick... I haven't ordered from them in years...

I might just put together a bigger order.. Need some machine screws too.

Reply to
woodchucker

Yes, the difference does seem to be in the cookies.

I have been seeing the price as $20. I deleted all of my cookies, browsing history, etc. Then the price is $25. I went back to the link from McFeely's email and then the price is back to $20. I now see $20 however I get to the page for the 25-25-25 deal.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Coby