Low VOC/HAP finish for new wide pine floor

I am looking for advice on what finish would be a good choice for a new wide pine floor that has low VOCs and HAPs. The main problem is we have birds in the house and they are very sensitive to air pollutants. They won't be in the same room, but I'd be much more comfortable if the air pollutants were kept to a minimum (I don't like breathing the fumes either). I would also like something that has a slight amber tone to it also. I think the totally clear/colorless water based urethanes don't look right on a wide pine floor. I'm not really interested in staining either. I've never put down stain that I liked. It's always looked muddy to me. We have a dog, so possible damage from her nails needs to be kept in mind. I would like to be able to walk lightly on the finish within a few hours if possible. I don't want to spend too much money on finish. (the wood was only $1/sqft) If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a professional, so I don't want anything too complicated.

Tung oil sounds like a good option but most seem to have solvents in them. There are some I've found that have citrus based solvents that would probably do well, like the ones from this company, which is local to me.

've seen some pictures of tung oiled floors and they do look pretty good, but $100/gallon is pretty expensive, and application sounds lengthy (~4 days) and possibly a little complicated. I've found a store about 45 miles away that has a sale on AFM Naturals Oil Wax Finish for $30/gallon, which is about half the price most places sell it for. I've been unable to find any information on this product except for the marketing material. It sounds like it may work well for me, but I'd like to hear someone else's experience with it.
've used a water based urethane called Aqua Van from Van Technologies which I did like. It does have an amber tone to it too. The place I bought it from seems to have gone out of business, and if I remember right the quart I bought was expensive (~$30 I think). Thanks for any and all suggestions. Steve

Reply to
woodwardsteve