Hardwood Floor Finish - Oil or Water Based?

We'll be installing Australian Cypress flooring in our house in a few months. I'm curious whether water based poly or oil based poly produces a harder finish?

I like the amber tone that oil based poly gives wood, but it also takes longer to dry than water based.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of oil vs. poly?

Thanks,

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

HerHusband wrote in news:Xns94D4437F3ADFCherhusband@216.168.3.50:

My understanding is water based poly is harder.

Reply to
Dave Solly

Dave Solly wrote: =20

Mine is vice versa.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Reply to
nospambob

Doesn't pop the grain either.