looking large faceplates for bowl turning!

can you help me?

Reply to
thesuperboss.gerard

6" faceplates and 10" chucks are commonly available online. I won't bother with links, there are too many sources available.

Here's a source for up to 20":

that price I'd probably have it custom made if you're near a big city. Face plates are incredibly simple to cut from flat round stock. Any CNC shop should be able to do this for an hours labor and cost of materials, equal or less than the cost from the above link, and then you can have it made exactly to your specifications.

Expand your search to metal lathes which commonly have face plates larger than 6". I've seen up to 26" diameter in local metal shops.

Reply to
Joe

Here's a good man to know on this. He has a small machine shop and can/will make faceplates for you at a very reasonable price. He will even true them up for you at a small extra cost.

Bill has been around for years on the woodturning ng, and has provided a lot of sound equipment and advice.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41