looking for a plywood/lumber hauling trailer

Yabbut who wants to buy a Ford F250 Superduty diesel just to haul plywood?

Max (owner of one)

Reply to
Max

You guys would be amazed and frightened the amount of wood I've had strapped to the roof of my old minivan. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

An 8 foot bed is a 300 buck option on an F150. No need for an "F250 superduty diesel".

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote

I find that amazing.

The eight foot bed should be the standard. After all, many building materials come in 8 foot or longer lengths and many sheet good are 4 X 8.

I see so many truck out there that have extended cabs, leather seats, super stereo systems, custom wheels and absolutely shiny, blinding paint. Remember, way back when, trucks were actually used to do some honest work?

I had a jeep pickup for many years. It had a seven foot bed. It was OK. But many times I missed that 8 foot bed I had on previous trucks. And when I buy another truck, it will definitely have an eight foot bed. And it will actually be used to do some work.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I sure do, and plenty of dishonest work as well!

Reply to
Larry W

The poster said "decent" pickup. :-)

Max (an F-150 is almost decent) :-)

Reply to
Max

One hopes that it's better than my Dad's F-100 that hauled plywood for

20 years (and for all I know is still hauling it--he died 20 years ago and willed it to his best friend, who died a month later, so I have no idea where it is now).
Reply to
J. Clarke