Looking for a chess set??

I am NOT affiliated with this company.

I just thought some of those on the rec might like to see what a BIG chess set looks like.

;-)

Reply to
Alan McClure

At least you would get your mdr of exercise playing a game with one of those sets.

ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

I find froofy chess sets are hard to play with. I can't figure out what anything is.

So I guess if I had a gigantic set, I'd want the pieces to look like what they are. King with a big crown, queen with a smaller crown and big, regal looking hooters. Bishops with goofy bishop hats. Knights in shiny metal armor, with or without horses. Rooks as castle towers.

I guess the pawns would be dressed up like Wal-Mart employees.

Reply to
Silvan

Nah, bleeding heart liberal tax-n-spend Democrats would suffice.

Reply to
Grandpa

This has nothing to do with chess sets, but I couldn't let the last comment go by.

I don't think we can blame the Democrats for the curent deficit thing. The Republicans said that they wanted to return the surplus to the people because the govenment would just spend it if they had it. so the sent a lot of money to the rich - me included. Then they spent what they no longer had! Your grand kids are going to love it.

Len

-------------

Grandpa wrote:

Reply to
lopez

lopez responds:

Aren't they, though. We have the "tax and spend Democrats" versus the "borrow from your great-grandchildren and spend Republicans" and the taxpayer is the butt of all jokes.

It may well be time to REALLY reduce spending without lying about it.

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

Party affiliation may have less to do with it than the fact that most of them, at least on the national level, are lawyers.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I was told once that a Lawyer is the larval form of a Politician.

Reply to
Grandpa

I read a book a long time ago called "Government Waste from A to Z." I'll bet it's even worse now than it was when the book came out.

I'm still going to stick to my position of staying the hell out of it though. This is as far as I go expressing my views. For every opinion there is an equal an oposite opinion.

Reply to
Silvan

On 19 Dec 2003 19:29:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

It's well past time, Charlie.

It's also time to withdraw from Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Washington D.C. ;)

Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques