Locker for door

Hi

Sorry I dont know what I am looking for in English. It is for this cupboard, for my caravan (trailer in us)

doors are locked with a magnetic part on top as cupboards can be. But when driving they might slam open. In older caravans I have seen simple and small "hasp"?

I have seen those, which you use for outdoor - a O-part and the other part going into. As for caravans I have seen it with screws,where the "lock" goes over the screw like this:

I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe there is a better idea? The fram of the door is 13 mm (~half an inch)

Sonnich

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

> But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe

Those are called "hook and eye"s in the USA.

safety ones will stay closed even when vibrated by traveling. Art

Reply to
Artemus

I forgot to mention, that I have had a hard time finding those good looking ones rather that the "gate version". If available, would someone send some to me? I can pay by paypal

Sonnich

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

> But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe

These might give a better appearance.

Max

> But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe

I use these on some cabinet doors in my shop. You could install it at the top or bottom of the door if it is too long for the frame at the center.

hasp

Reply to
Rex

Or

Push knob w/latch

cedarsonny

> But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe

Reply to
tiredofspam

This is what I use in on the cabinets in my RV.

Max

Sonnich Jensen formulated the question :

> But I am looking for a good looking one for this cupboard OR! maybe

I would try looking for "Child Proof" devices in the hardware store. Home Depot etc in the US, Bunnings in Australia. Don't know where you live so cannot suggest.

Reply to
John G