Link for woodworkers: Exotic Lumber Inc.

I thought this link might be useful to you all. This site stocks over 140 species of hardwoods and softwoods. They do custom milling, ship worldwide and have decent prices:

you have questions, you can call them at their toll-free number.

Cheers,

Robert

Reply to
Arbitrary Design

Gooooolllleeee! Lookeee what I found!

... snip

Anybody else buying this?

Robert, you know, (most) folks won't mind if you simply would say something like,

" I work for and thought the link to our site might be useful to you all. We stock over 140 species of hardwoods and softwoods. We do custom milling, ship worldwide and have decent prices: If you have questions, call us at our toll-free number"

Post it only once, then participate with helpful tips and hints once in a while and for the most part, nobody will mind.

Come in here like you just discovered this site, or like you have no association with it, and you are going to get your butt flamed and nobody will do business with it anyway.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

A discovery is made. I just bought some stuff from these guys back the last week of December. Then, they'd never heard of usenet when I replied to their query of where I found out about them.

Yes, they got a lot of wood, some really cool. Kinda pricy, though that's a curse of the area in which they reside perhaps. And, not as bad as some of the other places around here. You can traipse around the joint and pick out whatever your heart's desire (as long as it's pining for wood). They even had some koa.

I have to say, I didn't plan ahead (left my brain in bed or sumptin') and did make arrangements to have my lumber milled before I actually drove to the place. But, the guy there did manage to get it done in a reasonable amount of time (a grand total of 5 - 7' boards) while I waited (once I told him I was waiting). BTW, those 5 boards were near $300. Oh wait, 6 boards - 1 was a 4' x ~6" x 3/4 chunk of pink ivory (really nice looking), which contributed $88 to the total. If you recall my travails and tribulations with Advantage Lumber, seems like I wasn't that far off their $500 magical minumum. Could easily've added a few boards, and met it. (though I was sorta tryin' to watch every dime as employment was tenuous).

On the negative side, Annapolis branch was closed day after Christmas, day before Christmas (& Christmas, of course) and left a sign on their door. Couldn't be bothered to change their answering machine message, or let the other branch know about these plans. Means I'd a driven 22 miles, each way - to find the sign on the door.

Anyhoo, overall, a generally positive impression.

Renata

smart, not dumb for email

Reply to
Renata

Try woodfinder.com - it's a very good website for finding wood, etc...

Reply to
MH