LF: emergency cut-off switch (table saw)

Do any of you have a previously enjoyed industrial cut-off switch (read: big red STOP button.... big green START button). I would like one of these for my ts. I'd rather not buy new b/c it doesn't look right to have shiny stuff next to my 60s cast iron (ok... I'm cheap).

Thanks.

Andrew.

Reply to
The Good Bohemian

My used TS came with one; well actually it has a small green START button. I don't think it is worth the $100 it cost the first owner. Also, it requires a magnetic starter, which is another $100.

Reply to
Toller

I bought 3 enclosures, each with a red and green pushbutton and made by GE, from Grainger. I don't think they cost more than $6 or $8 each. I added a relay and contactor from a surplus store and now have a magnetic switch that can be controlled from 8 feet in front of my saw, at my saw, and several feet to the left side of my saw. When handling a 4 x 8 sheet I can always easily reach the On and Off buttons. You could put the switches out in the weather for a few weeks and they wouldn't look as offensive as new ones do. ;-)

RB

The Good Bohemian wrote:

Reply to
RB

FWIW, I ran into a Delta rep at the local Woodcraft. Told him that I was concerned with the poor switch on my Delta 36-444. He called the office, and within a week, I had a new switch. We agreed that it was a safety concern. I told him a was a noob and wanted to work safely.

Oh yea, I also bought the X5 jointer while I was there, but I do not think it would have made a difference.

It may be worth a try to call the factory and beg.

dave

Reply to
ClemsonDave

I like the one that Rockler sells. It looks just like the one that comes with the Jet contractor saw and its works great! I got one for my table router too.

Reply to
Subw00er