Large Rabbet

No, I understood that part.

I meant, making cuts such as we've been discussing on 1"-wide stock. I didn't mean that using 1" wide stock is inherently dangerous -- just that cutting large rabbets out of it *is*.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Nice looking chess set, Leuf! Post pics somewhere when it's done?

Bill

Reply to
BillinDetroit

Will do. It's based on plans from a shopnotes article, easily found with google, that I made a couple of times before. This time I changed just about everything to make it different and easier. The way they do it all from one piece it's really hard to get the cuts to line up perfectly and requires a ton of hand work to get it looking good. This way I can use the spindle sander for most of it, and it's a chance to throw in those accents which will match the frame of the board. It's going to be a pretty special board, once I work up the nerve to cut the miters to final length. Already built a new larger miter sled for the task, it should be pretty difficult to screw up. But still it sits there while I do everything but that.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf