Labeling Shop Cabinets?

That is my experience too.

Brother also offer a range of "extra strong adhesive" tapes for their printers, though I've never found that necessary.

Reply to
Stuart

Yes, the embossed ones. I wasn't aware that Dymo made printed ones. I'll have to look them up.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I use one of these -- works great. I think I paid about $12 on sale at one of the chain office supply stores a couple years ago.

easy to use, the batteries seem to last forever. Even the "starter" tape cartridge lasted long enough to make seemingly hundreds of labels. And the labels are durable, too: labels on a couple of

2-quart pitchers are still firmly attached despite dozens of trips through the dishwasher. The type will fade away before the labels begin to peel off.
Reply to
Doug Miller

I use one of these -- works great. I think I paid about $12 on sale at one of the chain office supply stores a couple years ago.

easy to use, the batteries seem to last forever. Even the "starter" tape cartridge lasted long enough to make seemingly hundreds of labels. And the labels are durable, too: labels on a couple of

2-quart pitchers are still firmly attached despite dozens of trips through the dishwasher. The type will fade away before the labels begin to peel off.

We have used Brother's P-Touch labellers for years with the "laminated" labels on outside equipment and have not noticed any fade over the last

14 years on more than 100,000 units. Barcodes and numbers are still like the day they were printed. The labels are mostly under glass or polycarbonate protectors, helping with the UV protection. Some are not and still seem to be fine.

The tapes are expensive though. Laminated ones run about $1 per foot. Less with some commercial discounting.

Reply to
Eric

I have a similar Dymo. I've replaced the batteries once in four years (maybe six months ago). Three+ years isn't bad for battery shelf life.

Reply to
krw