Judges Paneling / Raised Panel Wainscoat

I'd like to install raised panel wainscoating (judges paneling) to a room in my house. I've read articles that describe techniques using plywood or drywall, but I'd like to use solid wood. Has anyone a good reference or experience? I am particularly interested in the thickness of the panels, rails, and stiles (3/4" or is thinner better) and design details from current and early American interior design. Thanks in advance.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.