Jointer setup

A couple of months ago someone posted an excellent site dealing with setting up a jointer. The site was

haven't been able to get to the site. That's what I get for not saving it offline I guess. Does anyone on the group know if the URL has changed for this site and if so how to get to it. If not, can any of the group point me to a good place be it internet or even a good book on jointers?

Any and all help appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
Tommy boy

The Care and Maintenance of Shop Tools, by John White. Some good tips and he'll tell you how to make a number of jigs and set-up tools. Tom

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Oops, it's Care and REPAIR of Shop Tools, by John White. Sorry. Tom >(Tom)

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Sprog

Thanks Sprog. Very helpful.

Tom

Reply to
Tommy boy

Buy the book "Care and repair of shop machines" by John White. Tom >Tom Young" wrote;

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I use a 1/2 X 1/2 bar of aluminum about a foot long placed on the out feed table. I adjust the cutters so that they just make a barely audible sound as the cutter passes under the bar. I adjust both ends of the cutter, then move onto the next cutter. The aluminum bar does not want to move off of the table and the audible sound is so minute you have to listen very carefully for it.

I get true and accurate jointed edges.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Thanks Don. That's essentially what I did except I used a board with a known straightedge. It was all in how much "contact" I let the blades make as to whether I got snipe or taper. I think I've got it dialed in now. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson