Japanese waterstones questions

I use 3m super 77 adhesive with 3m wetordry 220 grit sandpaper. I've never had any problem with it coming loose when I use it to flatten waterstones.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I haven't used a 180 but it seems like the jump between 180 and 2000 would be a bit much. I'd go 320, 1000, 5000.

AAvK: try spraying both the paper and the substrate with 77. Let it get tacky, then affix the paper. Water will still loosen it in time, but it's much better than just spraying the paper.

( I just got a dmt full-coating "stone" for lapping. Bye-bye paper.)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis