IWF '04 Advice

Any IWF veterans out there have any advice for a first-time attendee? Any "must see" exhibits, or should I just try to hit them all?

Are there good deals to be had at the show? I'd hate to show up without my checkbook only to find out I could have gotten the hole line of Lee Valley planes at a 38% discount or something like that.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Wear comfortable shoes. No really.

Set aside the first day to see the main hall. On day two check out the concourse levels. Day three should be reserved to see all the stuff you missed (Go through your vendor list and highlight all you want to see. At the end of each day strike off what you saw. Rinse and repeat).

The main hall is a goddamn wonderment. Exhibitors like Delta/DeWalt/Jet/etal will be set up in the main hall but their exhibits don't offer much/look like their catalogs/stuff you've seen before. Not saying they are worth a low and slow fly by, just that unless someone is unveiling something new, you aren't going to see anything new.

The concourse levels are where you will find most of what you want to see. The magazines (FWW/Wood/Pop Wood?) are all set up there as are the "smaller" vendors.

But the main hall, it's a goddamn wonderment.

Lately (the last decade or so) the show has shifted from something that was once strictly for the professional shop to a rather nice blend of commercial/hobbyist though it is still weighted heavily to the commercial side. It would be silly to leave the check (cheque David) book at home.

UA100, who wore comfy shoes...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

check the porter cable and delta booths, Norm will probably be making an apperance at a specified time

Reply to
Quadindad2

Take money and backup plastic... (The money is for the Cokes that cost $5.00)

You will need that and a pair of the best shoes you own. This is a really big ass place with more than you can imagine to see.

I'll be there myself.

Jay Pique wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Well Jay -

We'll have a bucha cool stuff.... the large shoulder, and a new "ultimate" roller stand - in addition to other cool stuff....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I'll definitely bring the walking shoes. I may even bring a Camelback full of Gatorade or something, that way I'll have a backpack to lug stuff around in as well.

Atlanta in the summertime. Thank god for climate control.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Any reason to be there on any specific day? I will be coming in on Wednesday afternoon and leaving late Saturday afternoon. Got a flight for $118 RT from Detroit to Atlanta and $59 a night at an airport hotel or I might not have done it. Glad that Lee Valley will be there. I have missed them at some of the local shows lately. I have never seen Grizzly at a show, so that will be interesting.

Reply to
Eric Anderson