Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs NY

My club's annual show, Woodworkers Showcase, is coming up the last weekend of March, 2011. It's an all volunteer run organization, not a commercial show.

This marks our 20th year and with renovations to the Saratoga City Center we have more room for larger exhibit and vendor halls. In addition to the exhibits and vendors we have a comprehensive lecture series that is included in the price of admission. See the web site for a discount coupon.

Schwarz of Popular Woodworking will be there again this year. He has declared our show the best one in the world on a number of occasions... !

I'll being giving a lecture this year titled "The versatile scrub plane." Robin Lee of Lee Valley Tools has graciously lent me a number of new and antique scrub planes that will surely enhance the lecture.

BTW, if you are a turner Totally Turning is at the same venue the same weekend.

me up!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

[...]

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in news:v_idncalk8b5Oe_QnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

John

Check is written for Totally Turning. Third year for TT/NWA. It is a great show in a nice venue. Even bringing the wife this year. I'll look you up & may sit in on the scrub plane presentation, I have a wide board ash table to make.

Jerry

Reply to
A Lurker

Jerry,

Yes, please do look me up. It's fun to meet people from the rec... though last year it was a little unnerving when I noticed an unknown woman kind of stalking me. I caught her looking at me a number of times as I moved around the facility. I was talking and or walking with someone when I observed her. Though within seconds of being alone she came up to me. Turns out she was an internet associate! I had my name tag on so she could identify me but I had no idea who she was! She is an artist but not a woodworker... As such I gave her a personal tour of the exhibit hall and explained the what and how of various items. Turns out she was in the area for a youth's birthday party in the late afternoon so she stopped in.

RE wives. When Totally Turning moved to Saratoga Springs from downtown Albany a lot of wives started going for the weekend. This as there is lots to do in a nice area! This is a hint for those guys who would like to go but have spousal issues. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin