Woodworkers Showcase Saratoga Springs NY

OK, It's an unabashed plug... I'm on the planning committee! ;~)

Northeastern Woodworkers Association's

17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show

SHOWCASE

April 5th & 6th, 2008 Saratoga Springs City Center Saratoga Springs, New York

Featured presenters include:

a. Doug Stowe -- box maker, furniture maker, author of books and articles, teacher, and rec.woodworking participant --

b. Chris Schwarz -- Editor of Popular Woodworking magazine, author, teacher

c. Peter Korn -- Founder and Executive Director of the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport, Maine as well as an author.

d. Wayne Barton -- professional woodcarver

NWA Showcase web site

John Grossbohlin

Is there public transportation available from the private side of Albany Airport?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

On second thought...

These guys:

have a "crew car'!

How far is Saratoga Airport from City Center?

Thanks!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

According to my DeLorme map 4.5 miles.

Reply to
Nova

I have maps, too, but I was hoping the OP would come back with more detailed info, like taxi cab suggestions, public transportation info, an offer of a ride in exchange for a bit of sightseeing...

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Unfortunately, I'm not terribly familiar with Saratoga Springs... I live about 90 miles from there myself and only go there for Showcase and to the trotter track each summer on a company outing.

Our club is large and geographically spread out so we have several chapters. The main group meets in the Albany area with a shop in Stillwater. I'm in the Mid-Hudson chapter which meets in Hurley, NY (near Kingston) and has a shop in Hurley (at the farm where the movie Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman was filmed). As it is, I'll be getting a room in Saratoga myself as I'm giving presentations on advanced handcut dovetailing and am involved with coordinating some activities...

I'll be wearing a name tag so say Hi if you see me!

John Treasurer NWA Mid-Hudson

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

This is a good show, and I've seen some excellent presentations. Roy Underhill actually sweat (sweated? swat?) on me last year. And Saratoga is a nice town, too. I'll be there.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique