IRS Auctions, Woodworking Tools, Machines.

I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

WD

Sorry, bidding over!

Reply to
WD

well-known government agency having the same initials.

Doug Miller

I was looking for sanding rolls for my new toy when I accidentally came upon what I thought the IRS (you know who). I believe there are a few nice woodworking tools and machines in their Dec. auctions.

Reply to
WD

Note that "IRS" != "Internal Revenue Service."

Mike Beede

Reply to
Mike Beede

WD wrote in news:kCoxd.2471$VQ2.705 @fe39.usenetserver.com:

Spend some time looking over that site. $500.00 Unisaws! Lots of good stuff! I am all the way out on the left coast. Shipping would kill me1

Reply to
Joe Willmann

Mike Beede responds:

Not that IRS on that site=Industrial Recovery Service.

Charlie Self "It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable." Eric Hoffer

Reply to
Charlie Self

Computer insider jargon I think went over your head, Charlie. != is C/C++ (and probably other languages) for "not equals."

Reply to
Silvan

Indeed. Works in C and in C++, too. ;-)

Same as '' in at least some versions of BASIC and .NE. in FORTRAN II and IV.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Silvan responds:

Probably zipped by 90% of the readers on here, too.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

Just for the record Fortran is now Fortran and F95 compilers are present generation although the F2003 Standard is now current...w/F90 standard Fortran also recognizes /= as a synonym and beginning w/ F77 was no longer all uppercase.

.
Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Seems pretty reasonable. I abandoned FORTRAN IV in favor of C before F77; and never looked back, except for a single NASA project using the Data General "Fortran 5" compiler (which had optimizing capabilities that /still/ dazzle me.)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Probably. I meant no slight. You can't help being a luser. 90% or better of computer users in the world today are lusers. :)

Reply to
Silvan

For all the bitching about the deline in Unisaw quality and foreign manufacturing, they still go for double the price of a Whitney table saw. Odd, considering the Whitney machines we've got at work- they're a damn fine toolmaker, and they're US based. That sucker looked like it weighed about 2500 pounds! Dirty, sure- but cleanup seems like a small price to pay for a saw with a 2" thick iron table... It's sort of a shame, really.

BTW, thanks for the link- I'll be bookmarking this one.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

While I would agree that a Baxter Whitney is a gazzilion times the saw that a Unisaw is there is the small fact about it's size which makes it a wee bit hard to get down the basement stairs. There is also the problem of phase (my convertor only goes up to 5 horse) which makes it not doable by a large percentage.

On the other hand, the prices of smaller single phase machinery (Unisaw class) has steadily risen over the last few years.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100