Introduction

I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of knowledge that is passed on here.

I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40 chickens, 100 quail,

1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.

I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.

I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a log home manufacture, a furniture plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish farmer and electricians helper.

Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up today.

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Welcome to the wreck!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Welcome aboard, buddy.

Fear not. EVERYONE has something, somewhere in their experiences that can be a valuable contribution to the group. Experience is appreciated, but certainly not required.

Post away!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Howdy! Enjoy your stay. Btw.. OT stands for Off Topic and usually not worth reading, especially if I originated it.

Now, about those Corgis. Any pics or a site?

Robatoy

Howdy! Enjoy your stay. Btw.. OT stands for Off Topic and usually not worth reading, especially if I originated it.

Now, about those Corgis. Any pics or a site?

I do have a site.

basilisk

SWMBO really loves Corgis. I prefer Labradorgies, or Corgadors. Dalmorgi, anyone?

Welcome aboard! Don't let all the off topic stuff or any of the local curmudgeons scare you off.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I considered breeding Corgis and bassets and calling them corsett hounds.

Basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Oh dear. I guess you'll fit in OK. Not that I consider that sort of thing humor or humour. Twitch. jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the e-mail address is valid.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Were a couple of hours apart, I'm about 20 miles south of Tuscaloosa, It's nice to know I have neighbors here.

Basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Do you turn, if so, do you know about the Alabama Woodturners?

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

I do some turning and enjoy it a lot, I've heard of the Alabama Woodturners but don't know anything about them.

Now that I think about it I haven't turned much since last Christmas when I finished out some vases for Christmas presents.

I have some Black willow roughed out for bowls, interesting wood with a dark brown heart, light colored sapwood and light in weight like poplar.

Basilisk

Reply to
basilisk