Introduction

OK, I have been lurking in here for about a month, and responded to a post about clipped head nails. Since I now feel comfortable posting, I had better introduce myself.

I am a contractor in the central TX area. I am a small operation and do alot of my own work, still. I mostly do repairs and remodeling with a bit of new construction thrown in. I have been in the construction business for about 35 years now, if you count the part time work in high school, and longer if you count the jobs I did with my father.

I do a lot of cabinets, both new and repairs. I have been doing more of this kind of work, and since I like to learn as much as possible about everything, I have come to this NG to continue my education. If I have any answers I will be glad to provide them at no additional charge.

You guys seem to know what you are talking about in here. Good work!

Reply to
Robert Allison

Welcome, Robert. Except for the repairs and remodeling, sounds like we do some of the same things. Among other things, I build about a house a year (GC), and occasionally do the cabinet work as well, just to keep my hand in.

It is a crisp, bright and beautiful morning here in Houston. The womenfolk are still in bed, but the turkey is in the oven, the dirty rice dressing is cooking on the stove, the giblets are simmering away, and the house is taking on the aroma of Thanksgiving.

Have a good Thanksgiving Day, and good weather to go with it, for a couple of days at least. I've got a framing crew starting on Monday and it looks like rain ... of course.

Reply to
Swingman

Hi Robert and welcome aboard. I look forward to your input.

Nova

Welcome aboard Robert. There are many folks here who REALLY know what they're talking about. Their advice should be appreciated and taken seriously. I'm not one of them, but I enjoy participating anyway.

Reply to
WoodMangler

Just remember that the *spackle* goes on BEFORE painting the cherry armoire. Anybody whose company is called "Rimshot, Inc." has to be OK. Welcome Bob. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Welcome from another Texan

Reply to
My Old Tools

Robert -

Welcome! The best part of the rec is that you don't have to be a member of the Handyman Club of America to get all of the benefits. Gil already joined as a lifetime member, so technically, since we are all in the woodworking "family" I think we are covered.

You gonna eat that?

John Moorhead Lakeport, CA

Reply to
John Moorhead

Our motto: Rimshot,...a SOUND construction company!

Reply to
Robert Allison

Pa-RUM-pum!

Reply to
jo4hn

Thu, Nov 25, 2004, 6:25am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (Robert=A0Allison) says in awe: You guys seem to know what you are talking about in here. Good work!

I guess if you believe that, you'll believe about anything.

Here's the link the the archives. Whatever it is, it's probably been covered. Repeatedly.

JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.

Reply to
J T

By you. ;)

-BAT