Incra LS Super System vs Jointech CabinetMaker System

Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on my offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely designed cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system. Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking around Incra's site.

Thoughts? KB

Reply to
auto119042

Your question peaked my interest in the LS, so I took a look at Woodpecker's website. I own their Twin Linear and wondered if the LS has offset fences as well. From what I could see of their description, it doesn't. That's a feature I'd be loath to give up. I like the TL for it's accuracy and repeatability in setting the fence back to an original position after moving it. Quality is top notch. Years ago I looked at the Jointech and thought their stuff was of equal quality, but in the end, I decided on the TL. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've not looked at the most recent models. I glanced at the demo of the LS recently, but since I wasn't in the market I didn't look it over closely.

Be prepared to build or buy a DEEP router table to hold those fences. They take up a lot of room behind the bit.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
David

I have the LS on my table saw with a router table in the left wing. I was amazed at the quality and love it. I looked into both and found the equivalent Incra beat out the Jointech by 10% or so (on what I was looking at). The Wonder Fence does allow for independent split fence movement. My biggest concern buying it sight unseen was the rigidity when locked. It is rock solid on my table. I would strongly recommend it.

If it matters (it does to me) the Incra is made in the USA. Anyone know if the Jointech is?

Daryl

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

designed

Reply to
daryl1138

Funny you mention rigidity. That was my biggest concern after seeing the TL at a WW show. The salesman had removed some shims for demo purposes, making the TL appear flimsy. When mine arrived, I was happy to find it locks down solidly.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
David

I've had the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System for about 5 years and, with the exception of replacing the insert with a metal one and their item for holding the router to the underside of the insert, it's stock. I've used it for dovetailing, half blind dovetailing, rabbets/rebates. dados, drawer lock joinery, lock miter joints, chamfering , box/finger joints roundovers and soon, rail and stile along with panel raising (the smaller bit set for jewelry boxes). The only "consumable" is the plastic zero clearance insert blanks which are great - two profiles/insert.

Still no slop in the positioning system - the half nut and threaded rod are steel - no plastic. Not sure about the Incra parts.

The guy who invented the JoinTech fence positioning system used is the founder and still runs AND owns the company and it's mainly a family business in San Antonio. He's an escaped Lockheed Aero Space engineer so he knows his stuff and how to design and make high quality devices.

And JoinTech's customer support is great - helpful, friendly and very knowledgable about their products.

I'd go with the JoinTech again in a New York minute.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Jointech is made in the US (TX). Had my system on the TS for 4 years and had no problems, other than me not understanding how to find the center of stock. When I thought there was a problem with the "Clincher" Jointech offered a new one and the opportunity, at a show, to learn how to find center. Once I had the right technique, the system is flawless.

When I looked at both I was impressed by the operation of each but thought Jointech was a more durable system, no plastic locking mechanism, and all around beefier. Now I see Incra has copied Jointech's lead screw design.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen