Incra 5000 mitre sled --Calibration

Has anyone tried calibrating a incra mitre gauge by cutting and then flipping the wood and then take a slice. If the mitre is at 90 degrees the difference in thickness should be zero. Some how I think this proceedure should be a lot more accurate than using a square.

Walter H. Klaus

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

What I do is start with a 12-15 inch square. Mark one side (A) as a reference. Use that side to cut the next side (B). Use (B) to cut (C). Use (C) to cut (D). Put (D) against the fence and compare (A) to the edge of the sled.

That multiplies any error by four so it's easier to see.

With your method, you have to assume that the two edges are parallel. If the board isn't too wide, I'd use my jointer to square one edge, and pass it on edge through the planer (square edge down).

Reply to
DJ Delorie