In Feed Roller Replacement

I have a Delta 12 1/2" portable planer that needs a new infeed roller. How hard a job is it to replace the old roller? Any hints?

Thanks

Reply to
foster239

I have a Delta 12 1/2" portable planer that needs a new infeed roller. How hard a job is it to replace the old roller? Any hints?

Thanks

Reply to
foster239

It is not that big of a job. I just did it on mine about a month and a half ago. Take the side covers off and crank all the way up and turn up side down. Roller is spring loaded and it helps to clamp it on assembly. It took several weeks to get one from Delta. Bill

Reply to
BT98

Just got mine apart after a feed chain let go. Removed the rollers (4 screws each) to relube the bushings. As in prior post they are spring loaded. Fairly simple and straight forward to do. I wound the head up, loosened the screws, cut a small block of wood to prop under the roller, wound the head down a bit to get the screws out, wound it back up to release the roller.

Pete

Reply to
cselby