I want a planner that will do this!

Five Quarter Oak WANTED - $1 (SARATOGA)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-07-07, 5:35PM EDT

Looking for some 5/4 oak that will finish at 2"thick. Don't email....they will not answered. Please call 893-2782

a.. Location: SARATOGA b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1258332335

BTW, that's in the 518 area code if anyone has some of this magic stuff... John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

5/4 oak that will finish at 2" thick, eh? Hmm... And I'll bet you never have to worry about cutting it too short, because no matter how many times you cut it it's always too long!
Reply to
Steve Turner

"John Grossbohlin" showed us a funny ad

He not only wants some magical oak, he wants it for a dollar!

Wishful thinking? Delusional? Profound ignorance?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

We were taught to use distinctly different pronunciations for the numerals 5 and 9 because of their similar sound in radio transmissions. Let's give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt on the thickness. Maybe somebody told him and he heard wrong.

Now the $1 figure is a little harder to understand unless all he needs is a few square inches.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:0002090b$0$7724$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Extreme patience. Get the guy a 5/4 tall oak tree, and he can wait until it is large enough to finish at 2" thick.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

... snip

... snip

Shoot, if somebody has got that kind of stuff, I'll pay for shipping from wherever they are.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita