rough sawn quarter sawn white oak

Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred board feet. Thanks

Reply to
foster239

Try:

or

DLB

I forgot, there was a similar discussion a few days ago with some possibilities:

DLB

Come on over to Bedford County and drive some of the back roads. When you see a sawmill, stop and ask. Some sell to everyone, some don't. Some have only red oak, others do only pine or tulip poplar or....

You can pretty much the same in any local county, including Campbell and Amherst if you want to go in that direction.

Good luck.

Reply to
Charlie Self

The DC area is outside his 100 mile radius, for which we're both thankful. DC is nearly 200 miles north-north east from my front door, and L'burg is about 30 miles east.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sorry about that. I read Lynchburg and thought Leesburg.

Dave

Reply to
DLB

foster239 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

Try Steve Wall lumber in Mayodan, NC. Just south of Martinsville, VA. Check out their web site at:

's about a 90 minute drive for me, but worth it. Good lumber, friendly folk, and the prices are reasonable.

-Z

Reply to
High Score

And if you want kiln- rather than air-dried or green, there is a large mill (sorry, don't recall the name any longer) in Buena Vista...

--

Reply to
dpb