I Think It Got A Little Too Hot In My Trailer

I'll just leave this here...

DerbyDad03

Or rats.

Reply to
Hawk

Likely dry rot and possibly belt corrosion.... My father put new Michelin's on his Town Car about 25 years ago. This was a car that saw 1,000-1,500 miles per year as he had it and another vehicle at his winter home in FL. After about 7-8 years, within a matter of weeks 3 of the tires blew up, including the new spare in the trunk, while it was sitting in the garage. He replaced all the tires and I anticipate that these too will rot off as he stopped driving but never sold his cars.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

That's not exactly what I said. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Just out of curiosity - what is the date of manufacture ? ... DOT code on the tire ...

John T.

Reply to
hubops

BIG beeping rats with BEEPs _this_ long.

If that was done by rats I don't want to meet one of them without the

155s on call.
Reply to
J. Clarke

Too late for that. Handed it in when I bought another spare. I helping someone move tomorrow and it'll would have been just my luck that I'd get a flat if I didn't have a spare.

All I can say is that it was pretty old. It was used when I bought it and it's been baking and freezing inside the trailer for 7 maybe 8 years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No evidence of critters inside the trailer either. I'm sure they would have left *something* behind. No holes that I know of either. I know that they don't need much of a hole, but I've been over, in and under that trailer recently, doing some wiring.

And, no, it wasn't any of that soy based wiring they are using in cars these days.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Didn't I suggest using a different floor covering material?

Careful with those steel cords, they will bite you. '~)

Reply to
Leon

Yeah...too many other priorities, but it's getting real close to time. The edges that had curled up and been screwed down have dried up enough that they curled even more and ripped around the screws. Plus I still have that big rip in the middle from the pallet of mulch.

My fear is that if I remove the linoleum I'm not going to like the way the plywood looks and I'll convince myself to replace that too. :-(

I was careful...it's been disposed of. I traded it in for another used spare.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was kidding about the floor, that checker board tile floor was the cause of the tire exploding. It could not stand to look at the floor any longer. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That's not checker board, that's checkered flag.

That trailer started it's life as a Soap Box Derby trailer back in 1997. It was used for that for over 15 years. Still does some Derby volunteering every now and then.

Here's the sliding tray set-up I used to carry 3 Derby cars. It was made from garage door tracks and rollers.

When it wasn't loaded with Derby stuff, it was great for carrying all the camping gear for a family of 6. Easy to keep stuff organized.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 snipped-for-privacy@eznet.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Family of 6, you say?...

Ought to be just enough for my baby. They do certainly need a lot of gear, don't they?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper