I hate it when this happens

Anyone want to tell me how a 4 foot length of 1 X 6 T&G can go missing in a shed that is only 10 X 12? I spent three hours milling it two weeks ago and now when I need it - POOF! Well, they say the second thing to go is the memory.

FoggyTown "Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."

Reply to
foggytown

Wed, Dec 8, 2004, 1:29am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (foggytown) says: Anyone want to tell me how a 4 foot length of 1 X 6 T&G can go missing in a shed that is only 10 X 12? I spent three hours milling it two weeks ago and now when I need it - POOF! Well, they say the second thing to go is the memory.

You must have kids. Check your local pest control, maybe they can spray.

JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

- Dr Seuss

Reply to
J T

missing

Wood Elves. Pesky little creatures. Sneak up at night and steal your wood. Especially active during Xmas season. If you see these do not approach them they are extremely Dangerous instaed Call 1-800 Get-Santa. Other problem may be new species of termites that have evolved (due to environmental polution or other stuff) into larger more voratious pests that leave no sawdust or trace.

Reply to
dteckie

he . . he . . he! Must have gone the same place my drawer front went. Made 3 new drawer fronts to go on 3 new drawers for on-going kitchen fixup, had to back away for a while, and now I can only find 2 of them!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

LOL ... you do remember that 24" caul you cut off that funny looking 1 X 6, doncha?

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Robert A. Gramza

Ttwo twelve inch steel rules and a tape measure please.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hey! Dont't worry about it. It will probably show up in my shop any day now. I'm constantly finding things in this mess I didn't know I had.

Reply to
RonB

try the kitchen or garage... your wife is probably holding something open with it, or using it for a planting shelf..

Reply to
mac davis

Well, at least it's better than my usual brain fart which is merrily working away and suddenly realising that the container which I have now raised to within 1/2" away from my mouth is the plastic cup containing the turpentine and not my tea! FoggyTown "Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."

Reply to
foggytown

Nooooo problemo. Mill another one and the original will show up. xorp, j4 (aka BTDT boy)

Reply to
jo4hn

Keep an eye out for my 6'x1x5 sassafras board too! Never had a chance to try it out, even.

james snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

So long as it is before you sip!

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Hey Jim, I've got that one, thanks. Smells great. I've been turning little, tiny bats out of the off cuts. Beats everything else in the sox drawer.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

How do you do the wings ? 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I can't go into details, but incidents such as this at my house are easily explained by the presence of spouse and offspring.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

WAAAAY off-center.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I made two solid wood doors for a project I am making, and one of them has just vanished completely. It HAS to be in my garage/shop somewhere, but I have turned it inside out three times and can only find one of them.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

I now have 7 tape measures in my garage/shop. Even at that, there is NEVER one within reach when I need it.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

I have TWO identical MAKITA belt sanders. I 'lost' one in my small shop, and finally decided one of my thieving neighbors stole it and bought another. A month later I decided it was time to clean up the planer corner. Under the shavings was my belt sander.

I'm considering cutting back on the diet soda.:)

Reply to
Gino