Husqvarna chainsaw

Finally had a chance to use the Husqvarna Rancher 55 I got a few months ago at a really good price. It kicks butt and takes names. I'm extremely pleased with its performance. Just like a knife thru butter. If you're in the market for one, the Rancher 55 is a winner!

Reply to
Grandpa

LOL.... Thank you....from an official no doubt.. I always mispronounced it and am sure I still do as I am from Texas. We Texans hear and say things a bit different... I recall my wife buying a Husqvarna sewing machine. The new tool... came with a Video Cassette Tape that introduced you to the new sewing machine. I recall the factory workers on the tape pronouncing the name in a way I had never dreamed of. I caught Who's-varna. But that is a bit of Texas ear mixed in.. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Naw. It's pronounced "Husky". ;-)

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Amazing. I don't even know why I was reading this thread, but I was feelin' bad because the pronunciations were nowhere near how I have always said it. Then you explain it and write it exactly as I say it "huskevarna". I do feel better now :)

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Our fire department is replacing our XL-98's (Homelite I think), with Husky's for roof work. Not chain saws but equipped with 14" carbide circular blades. Had the opportunity to use one opening a roof at a fire the other day. WOW. Little heavier and requires a precise starting procedure, (compression release) but once running it will slice right through anything: multiple layers of shingles, sheathing, rafters, ladders, thighs and not bog a bit.

Reply to
Kevin S.

I'd rather use the chainsaw for roof work, that 14" blade spinning is a lot to handle. It is designed to be used only at full speed, and that is a lot of centrifugal force to deal with, especially working off ladders. And as you mentioned it is heavier.

Duane

Reply to
Duane