My client installed his own stairs, using oak treads and painted pine
risers. He wants me to put 1x12 trim along each side, with a piece of trim
at the top edge, perhaps some chair rail. He's already removed the risers
I'm debating the best way to get this done. Here are the options so far:
* Remove the risers, put the 1x12s in place (notched to the stringers),
and trim the treads to fit between.
+ everything fits nicely
+ easy to do
- treads not fully supported by outside stringers
- I guess I can add blocking on the stringers
* Trim the 1x12s to fit around the risers.
+ fully supported treads
- the 1x12s will never fit exactly around all those curves
I told him I'd like to cut tongue and groove wainscoting, as I've done in
the past. He's not excited about that.
Anybody have another idea? Thanks.
New Life Home Improvement
Click to see the full signature.