How Do You Like Us Now?

Not all that long ago.

When Bush The Lesser began his military adventure in Iraq; guys like me and certain others of a historical bent were warning of the potential quagmire which we currently find ourselves in.

We now have almost 2000 young Americans who have died in this useless enterprise.

Over 1800 of those deaths have occurred since Bush declared "Mission Accomplished".

I hope that you idiots who have supported Bush in this have started to see the light.

I don't hope that any of your children have or will be involved.

I am damned sure that mine won't be.

Having lived through the Vietnam Era, the Watergate Era, the Iran-Contra Era, and now being firmly engaged in the worst Presidency that the United States of America has ever seen, I can only hope that those who have supported the current administration can see the light.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

what light?

Am I still an idiot if support him half heartedly? Maybe that makes me a half-wit. :) I don't know any politician who comes down on the same side of important issues as I do. I look for someone who's positions are most nearly the same as mine, or more like mine than their opponent. I can't imagine any guy in office doing everything 100% the way I want them to, or to satisfy any other constituent 100%. That's asking too much, Tom.

Dave

Reply to
David

Bush is so damn dumb...voted for him twice tho. Probably do something 'similar' next time around (at least from what I've seen lately).

I am so freakin' stupid that way.

What I need is someone smart to tell me why I'm so dumb.

Usually, I check the Times, but I guess I can just hang out here now.

If this was "OT" I would not have chimed in. Hate this shit.

Love woodworking (and TW's work).

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I thought this was a woodworking forum. Why would I care what your opinion on anything else would be? Come to think of it, I don't much care what a self described dork thinks about woodworking either. Why don't you stick with wordworking? And try real hard to stop being such a know-it-all.

Reply to
Bob

I thought this was a woodworking forum. Why would I care what your opinion on anything else would be? Come to think of it, I don't much care what a self described dork thinks about woodworking either. Why don't you stick with wordworking? And try real hard to stop being such a know-it-all.

Reply to
Bob

Hence the "I must be losing my mind". Troll, politics, I don't see the difference regardless of the forum. "Discussion" of politics, in the current climate, is pretty much non-existent; one even doubts whether anyone is even trying to sway opinion rather then just bash away at someone.

For that matter, there are a fair number of woodworking trolls (some wonderfully subtle). The question is: How many posts will I make? Answer: On the politics, only that one, which makes it only a weak troll for me.

Boredom is a bitch.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

It's not a "political thread". It is a troll. If it was a political thread, it would be in a political conference. This is a woodworking conference. Anything not related to woodworking, looking for outside opinion, is a troll.

Definition of a troll: Type any sort of crap and reel 'em in. Not fishin' for anything special, just trollin'.

Reply to
Guess who

I guess some just might have a different sense of world responsibility than others......considering the massive crimes against humanity both the Taliban and Saddam were guilty of I'm quite proud that our country and its leadership has ignored narrow self interest and perfect safety and have tried to make the world a better place. The 50 million people that now have some choice in their lives and will have a better future once the current terrorists are defeated are of some import.......The status quo in the Middle-East was not working, in fact the violence reached out our way repeatedly and rather dramatically in the previous decade......We're now planting the seeds of change for a large number of people......It may be simply innocence or maybe it is fact but the USA I grew up in .....was the country that often paid the price here and abroad to make the world a better place.....If we don't nobody will......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Odd how you piss and moan so much over off-topic political posts, at least from those with whom you disagree -- and then post this.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Boy, that sure comes across as "know-it-all." :')

Maybe you have a problem with the OP representing the view of many Americans even if OT?

There's plenty for us to fix here before we go managing anyone else's affairs, IMHO.

W attacked Iraq despite the intel generated by Hans Blix and the IAEA. Maybe the IAEA got the Nobel for standing up to W & Co.? Good on 'em.

Quick war, on the cheap? Cheney says think decades.

barry

TW is a troll first and foremost. A fine woodworker perhaps, but a troll nonetheless.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

I would like to ask Tom, what exactly does his America stand for these days . You have a president who in my opinion tries to do the right thing and trashed left right and center by the media, both foreign and domestic, in many cases with outright lies.

So the US went into Iraq based on Saddam's WMD program . A program most countries agreed he was persuing .As it turns out we have yet to find the evidence although it might well exists somewhere. Had the WMD program existed and the current NY city scare been real, and was in fact one of Saddams nuks what would you be saying now, probably why didn't George take care of the situation before it got to this stage .

Well It might yet happen Tom only from another source, I would like to ask what you would do right now about Irans nuke program, obviously not invade or take action, probably wait until they make one and give it to Bin laden .Kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted, although the loss of a horse is nothing compared to the consequences of the former...

If you liked Kerry so much perhaps George should ask him what his program to run a much more efficient war in Iraq as expoused in his presidential campaign was, obviously it would save time and lives if only he would only divulge it ...

Reply to
mike hide

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Tom

This was totally off topic and should have been identified as such. As an attempt to bring the thread back to a wood working theme ....

George W. Bush is as dumb as a sack of hammers!

Hope that helps to refocus on wood working

ALurker

Reply to
A Lurker

Hear, hear.

- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Before the US invaded Iraq the IAEA had completed its inspections, declared Iraq to be in compliance with the prohibitions on nuclear technology and exposed as forgeries, some of the evidence supplied to the IAEA by the Bush administration.

The world knew Saddam Hussein had no 'nuks' befor the US invaded.

At that time, UNMOVIC, though also distracted by false information supplied by the Bush Administration, was well on its way to showing that Saddam Hussein had no chemical or biological weapons either, something that has since been confirmed by the ISG and CIA.

Reply to
fredfighter

No sale -- you can't rewrite history. The task of the arms inspectors was to find evidence that Iraq and destroyed the WMD that he was known to have (since he had used them!). The inspectors were never able to find that evidence. So where are (or what happened) to Iraq's WMD?

Realizing that no one has been able to find sufficient evidence that Saddam destroyed these weapons ought to make everyone more nervous, not less. Who's gottem?

Reply to
World Traveler

What, do you think WMD are reusable? (Actually, some can be see below.)

The inspectors destroyed the factories in 1991-92. The shelf life of the Iraqi WMD were at best, a few months. Without factories, Iraq had no effective WMD by the end of 1993 and TEN years later, in 2002, anything they had left would be utterly useless.

The only exception is mustard gas, which was well-accounted for, although any unexploded munitions (duds) on old battlefields might still have mustard in them it they hadn'tleaked.

Who has what, sludge?

You can't rewrite history to 'undestroy' the WMD factories that were still destroyed when UNMOVIC reinspected them. As David Kay said, no factories, no weapons.

Reply to
fredfighter

[snip]
[snip]> FF

The Inspectors destroyed the factories!?!?

ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
World Traveler

Yes, Those that survived the bombings.

Care to explain?

Reply to
fredfighter

Well, it's probably hard to find evidence of destroying something that didn't exist any more, don't you think?

Reply to
Waldo