How do I cut the ends on these fence rails?

------------------------- A 4" right angle equipped with 24 grit disks are for detail work. Adds maybe 1 minute per surface.

I buy in 100 pc quantities.

4", 16 grit disks are available, but then you only get about 5-6 rocks per disk.

DAMHIKT.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Old timey guys (like me) sould use an adze and go slow.

Reply to
burtwitlin

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:57:28 -0400, the infamous "John Grossbohlin" scrawled the following:

America "Member Tested and Recommended" logo there. Gee, whillikers!

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:26:33 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Yeah, I call that crap "boulder paper".

Grok that. _But_ you missed my reference to the Lancelot.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That does seem to carry a negative connotation doesn't it... ;~)

Maybe I'm missing something, but this thing looks like a kick back nightmare... need to have Saw Stop technology added to this to make it safe from the lawyers. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:09:51 -0400, the infamous "John Grossbohlin" scrawled the following:

"Log Wizard: Making Standard Chainsaws Look Like Boy Scout Toys!"

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That sucker might eat clean through your steel toe boots! A regular Langolier.

Reply to
LDosser

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:19:42 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Great movie/MEAN suckahs!

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tried this, with the bar parallel to the length of the rail and it worked great. Just a few "touch up" strokes to make the very tips fit in end posts and that's all there was to it. Thanks.

And thanks for all the other ideas, although I was trying to avoid buying & learning a new tool (adze, drawknife, have an angle grinder but not the 16 (?) grit sandpaper and/or chainsaw grinder attachment, etc.) if possible. Fence alone nearly put me in the poorhouse.

Cheers

Reply to
opalko

recip or sabre saw - I can get them looking as good as end rails Takes about 90 seconds

Reply to
dazzlerpalmer

When it comes down to brass tacks the hatchet wins out. I tried every power tool you could think of and the hatchet is the tool that wins hands-down. It's work. But it's good work.

Reply to
mendizabal

I'd be inclined to use a rip hand saw... but a sharp hatchet or axe would work also. In either case the skill of the user will influence the results.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Thread from 2010 guys.

Reply to