Home Depot, my kinda store!

I go in today armed with my low-price guarantee for a 1/2" corded drill thats cheaper at Lowes. Picked up the Ryobi 2hp plunge router while there and 3 tubs of biscuits for the Craftsman PJ I just got on sale. No problem with the drill price, girl doesn't even call them. Gives my their price (I told her the truth), takes off an addt'l 10%, adds in the router and biscuits, then gives me an additional 10% off my *total* purchase - today only. Pretty tough to beat that kind of deal. HD is #1 GI.

Reply to
John DeBoo

I got the extra 10% off at HD when I found the Dewalt 12" miter saw cheaper at Orchard Supply. Now THAT'S savings. I saved more than $45 by the time they calculated the "deal". That was right after HD moved into SJ. Now I get aggravated with them more often than I'm happy with them. But what's a person to do? I COULD drive 40 minutes to Lowe's (one way)...

dave

John DeBoo wrote:

Reply to
bay area dave

HAHA! Lucky me...I have three Lowes and three Home Depots all within 15 minutes of me and a Rocker store just 5 minutes away. Oh wait...that's not lucky, I'M BROKE!

Reply to
David P

Reply to
Andy

Neener Neener Neener

3 Lowes, 4 Home Depots, 1 Harbor Freight, 1 Woodworkers Supply & 1 Woodcraft, all with> HAHA! Lucky me...I have three Lowes and three Home Depots all within 15
Reply to
John DeBoo

Ha ha! I'm 3 minutes from an Ace Hardware!

Oh, wait a minute . . .

- -

DL

> Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a bastard.

::::::::::::::::

"Ahh, job hunt. Had an interview this week and all I learned is this: Despite its name, the company "Johnson Controls" does not manufacture condoms."

- Anonymous

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!

Reply to
DL

What a lot of places are doing now adays, including my favorite Amazon.com, is only giving off 10% of the difference, not off the price.

Reply to
walter klaus

Right next to the Web Designers?

Reply to
tnfkajs

Is this where we say sit down, shut up before you hurt yourself? :)

Reply to
Young Carpenter

My only gripe with Home Depot is they sucked up all the lumberyards in a 20 mile radius in the West Suburbs of Chicago, and I wish they'd put a store in there somewhere.

Reply to
BUB 209

Oh, no fair! You cheated and went out another 5 minutes. Well, if we're going 20 minutes, then add 1 Harbor Freight, 1 Woodcraft, and 1 Paxton's Woodsource..and...and Wal-Mart! So there!

Reply to
David P

Yep, he's going to twist his arm out of its socket congratulating himself and won't be able to use that shiny new saw while he's healing. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
John DeBoo

Good grief, man, where do you people live? In my corner of the world you get no more than one store like that per county.

Reply to
Silvan

Yup! Narrow aisles and all. When you garb a handfull of nails to put into a little paper bag you get stabbed.

Neat little place with a big propane tank available for fillin' purposes. Right there in good ole Otis Orchards, WA.

Love the name of that little non-town town. Makes me think of Otis Campbell.

- -

DL

> Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a bastard.

::::::::::::::::

"Ahh, job hunt. Had an interview this week and all I learned is this: Despite its name, the company "Johnson Controls" does not manufacture condoms."

- Anonymous

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!

Reply to
DL

than any other place.... and then there is a hardwood store in villa park on st charles road.... makes my mouth drool every time i drive by.... THAT is a store.... but take you checkbook, plastic, or birthrights to your 1st male child.....

Reply to
WARRENRN1

woodworkers' supply in coranado doesn't count?

John DeBoo wrote:

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)

Reply to
Larry Levinson

Where is Otis Orchard (Port Orchard??)? I just KNEW it had to be in WA. Was born & raised just out of the N end of Seattle and my dad was a carpenter so we went to a hardware store in Kenmore for years, and the lumber yard. Jez, a real hardware store. You are truly lucky sir! God, I remember buying walnut when I was in HS there (60's), it was the most expensive wood available in the shop and was 88¢/bd ft then.

Reply to
John DeBoo

Yeah, they're about gone, aren't they?

Is it just me, or do the likes of HD and Lowe's get worse on hardware as soon as they finish killing the last of the old stores? I'll admit to going to Lowe's plenty of times for hardware because it was closer, but I really miss having a real hardware store to go to when I wanted to get something unusual. I regret my unfaithfulness.

Reply to
Silvan

I miss being able to browse through them for sure. And the people who'd help. Nowadays its young kids as cashiers only who have no idea what they are selling, and could care less. We still have one

-similar- to the old type and I love going there. Its got a number of older folks working there who are soooo helpful and eager to chat.

Reply to
John DeBoo